The full video course is based on the classical Chinese textbook New Practical Chinese Reader Volume 2. The main content is from the textbook, including conversation, vocabulary, and grammar. There are 12 lessons in volume 2 in total.
The host teacher, Yoyo, will go through the main texts and emphasize the key points and usage of certain words or phrases, as well as illustrate the rules of grammar in a very clear and understandable way. Besides the content of the textbook, she will also add several additional knowledge points in each lesson, such as lessons from cultural and language viewpoints. In each episode, there will be a review of the last lesson as well as a summary. The practice and “read after me” part will also help students get more familiar with the content.
This course will help you learn to speak Chinese by teaching them the structure of the language, its function, and even interrelated and relevant details of the Chinese culture. This includes lessons on the art of listening, reading, speaking, & writing skills.
To help you communicate in Chinese based on everyday situations.
A quick quiz after each episode will help you test yourself to see if they`ve learned the lessons well.
To help you gain mastery and proficiency in Chinese language, and learn a lot about the culture as well.
You will attain HSK level 3 after taking the course.
You must have a basic understanding of Chinese Pinyin.
You must have basic English abilities.
You must have mastered at least 150 words.
- there won`t be any instructions on the pinyin system in this course, so if you have any further questions about it, it`s recommended that you go through it here: Learn Complete Chinese Pronunciation in 16 Days!
- If you want to learn Chinese from scratch, you must first start from this Step by step Elementary Chinese Course.
This course is good for all Chinese Elementary-Intermediate level learners who are interested in learning conversational Chinese.
It is also ideal for those who are inclined to learn Chinese just to explore the culture or to use it for business opportunities.
There are additional attachments which contain the target texts with Pinyin, so that even if you don`t have the textbook, you can also learn the lesson easily. Of course, if you are interested in getting the original textbook, you can check it out here: Textbook Vol. 2
The lessons emphasize the basic skills of reading, writing (simplified characters), speaking, and listening, with many supplementary exercises and illustrations. It has been compiled under the guidance of the new HSK Guidelines and prepared in consultation with NOTCFL Syllabus.
What you can learn from this course:
- Describe your travel experiences
- Describe your daily activities
- Expressions about shopping and Making comparisons
- Expressions about transportation
- New way to make comparisons of things
- Emphasize the time and location of past events
- Learn how to comment on your past experiences, how to make an appointment with others, and how to express your opinions on various topics.
- Learn how to discuss plans, make suggestions, and talk about the scenery and the weather.
- Learn how to talk about changing circumstances and actions in progress.
- Learn how to give an account of an incident, how to show your concern when you visit a patient, and how to complain in Chinese
Structure of each lesson:
Review (a brief review of what we`ve learned in the previous episode)
Conversation (the detailed explanation of the key words, sentences, and grammar points)
Listen & Practice (a general go-through of the key texts and practice areas on the target content)
Summary (a summary of what we learned in the episode)
|Lesson 15: She went to Shanghai
|Lesson 16: I forgot that thing
|Lesson 17: This Chi-pao is more pretty than that one
|Lesson 18: I understood you, but didn`t remember it correctly
|Lesson 19: Traditional Chinese painting is different from oil painting
|Lesson 20: Celebrate the New Year (Review)
|Lesson 21: Our team members are from different countries
|Lesson 22: Have you watched the Shaoxing opera?
|Lesson 23: We climbed the Great Wall
|Lesson 24: Your aunt also begins to use the computer
|Lesson 25: The driver drove us to the hospital
|Lesson 26: You are almost an expert on China (Review)