This full video course is based on the classical Chinese textbook New Practical Chinese Reader Volume 3. The main content is from the textbook, including conversation, vocabulary, and grammar. There are 12 lessons (24 episodes) in volume 3 in total.
The host teacher, Yoyo, will go through the main texts and emphasize the key points and usage of certain words or phrases, as well as illustrate the rules of grammar in a very clear and understandable way. Besides the content of the textbook, she will also add several additional knowledge points in each lesson, such as lessons from cultural and language matters. The portions involving practice will also help students get more familiar with the content. Moreover, besides the exercises after each lesson, there are also two full tests for the students to check if they have mastered the key points, which are in the mid and at the end of the course.
This course will help you learn to speak Chinese by teaching you the structure of the language, its functions, and even interrelated and relevant details of the Chinese culture. Lessons include topics on the art of listening, reading, speaking, & writing. Other additional benefits:
To help you communicate in Chinese for everyday situations.
A quick quiz after each episode will help you test yourself to see if you have learned the lessons well.
To help you gain mastery and proficiency in the Chinese language, and to learn about the culture as well.
You will attain HSK level 4 after taking this course.
You must have a basic understanding of Chinese Pinyin.
You must master basic Chinese and can exchange information directly on familiar, routine matters.
You must have basic English skills.
You must have mastered at least 500 Chinese words.
- There won`t be any instructions on the pinyin system in this course, so if you have any further questions about it, it`s recommended that you first go through it here: Learn Complete Chinese Pronunciation in 16 Days!
- If you want to learn Chinese from scratch, you must first start from here:
This course is good for all Chinese Elementary-Intermediate level learners who are interested in learning conversational Chinese.
It is also ideal for those who are inclined to learn Chinese just to explore the culture or to use it for business opportunities.
There are additional attachments which contain the target texts with Pinyin, so that even if you don`t have the textbook, you can also learn the lesson easily. Of course, if you are interested in getting the original textbook, you can check it out here: Textbook Vol. 3
The lessons emphasize the basic skills of reading, writing (simplified characters), speaking, and listening, with many supplementary exercises and illustrations. It has been compiled under the guidance of the new HSK Guidelines and prepared in consultation with NOTCFL Syllabus.
What you can learn from this course:
Culture & Topics:
- Learn to describe cultural differences and learn how to deal with “culture shock.”
- Learn about the different Chinese festival traditions, and know more about differences in the conventions of Chinese culture (such as learning how to present and appreciate gifts).
- Understand the value of “modesty” in Chinese culture
- Know more about Chinese recreational activities and how to express one’s thoughts on related topics
- Learn more about the geography and climate of China and how to communicate on these topics
- Learn how to discuss environmental issues
- Learn about the “generation gap”.
- Expressing comparisons
- Understanding rhetorical questions
- Learning about sentences containing a series of verbs,
- Leaning complements of result/state/potential
- Using 把（ba）in sentences
- Learning separable disyllabic verbs
- Learning about sentences indicating existence or emergence
- Studying the reduplication of adjectives/nouns/classifiers/numeral-measure words and phrases
- Understanding the structural particle “地”
- How to use the character “了”,
- Studying pivotal sentences
- Understanding Chinese word formation methods
- Understanding interrogative pronouns of indefinite denotation and of general denotation
- Learning about the subjectless sentence
- Learning commonly used sentence constructions
- Ways to express worrying about something and asking about something
- Expressing one`s opinion, making an explanation, and giving examples
- Expressing modesty in very polite Chinese ways
- Giving encouragement, making suggestions, and indicating a possibility
- Expressing concern, making additional remarks, and stressing a point
- Bringing up a topic of conversation and telling a story
- Expressing surprise, reproach, questions, refusals, and so on
- Ways to express fractions, percentages, and multiples
- Mastering the approximate numbers and enumeration of numbers over 10,000
Structure of each lesson:
Conversation & Articles (the detailed explanation of the key words, sentences, and grammar points)
Listen & Practice (a general review of the key texts and practice areas on the target content)
Summary (a summary of what was learned in the episode)
|Lesson 27: 入乡随俗(Part 1)||FREE||00:41:00|
|Lesson 27: 入乡随俗 (Part 2)||FREE||00:17:00|
|Lesson 28: 礼轻情意重(Part 1)||FREE||00:41:00|
|Lesson 28: 礼轻情意重(Part 2)||00:19:00|
|Lesson 29: 请多提意见 (Part 1)||00:33:00|
|Lesson 29: 请多提意见 (Part 2)||00:18:00|
|Lesson 30: 他们是练太极剑的 (Part 1)||00:48:00|
|Lesson 30: 他们是练太极剑的(Part 2)||00:25:00|
|Lesson 31: 中国人叫她“母亲河”(Part 1)||00:32:00|
|Lesson 31: 中国人叫她“母亲河”(Part 2)||00:35:00|
|Lesson 32: 复习课 这样的问题现在也不能问了(Part 1)||00:18:00|
|Lesson 32: 复习课 这样的问题现在也不能问了(Part 2)||00:16:00|
|Lesson 33: 保护环境就是保护我们自己(Part 1)||00:34:00|
|Lesson 33: 保护环境就是保护我们自己(Part 2)||00:29:00|
|Lesson 34: 神女峰的传说(Part 1)||00:40:00|
|Lesson 34: 神女峰的传说(Part 2)||00:24:00|
|Lesson 35: 汽车我先开着(Part 1)||00:50:00|
|Lesson 35: 汽车我先开着(Part 2)||00:32:00|
|Lesson 36: 北京热起来了(Part 1)||00:45:00|
|Lesson 36: 北京热起来了(Part 2)||00:31:00|
|Lesson 37: 谁来买单(Part 1)||00:29:00|
|Lesson 37: 谁来买单(Part 2)||00:19:00|
|Lesson 38: 你听，他叫我“太太”(Part 1)||00:19:00|
|Lesson 38: 你听，他叫我“太太”(Part 2)||00:18:00|
No Reviews found for this course.